of links or information for inclusion on CCN Web site
Are the authors clearly identified?
· What are the authors' credentials, institutional affiliation,
educational background, past writings, or experience?
· And, do these credentials qualify the author to write on this
· Is the author cited in other sources?
· Where does the web page originate? Who sponsors it?
· If it is a published work, is it a credible publisher?
· Is there an email address or other method to contact the authors?
Are you positive that the information is true and can the information
· Are the author's ideas supported with references?
· Is the medical information presented in a balanced and neutral
· Are there typographical errors or misspellings?
· Are charts or graphs easy to read and interpret?
· Would information from somewhere else have been different?
3. Purpose & Content
Is the purpose of the page obvious (e.g., to inform, persuade, sell,
· Are you satisfied that the information is useful for CCN visitors?
· Is the information on the topic thorough enough?
· What type of audience is the author addressing?
· Is the information too elementary or too technical?
· Are the links easy to identify and relevant to the subject?
· Is the webpage still under construction or is it complete?
Does the information appear biased?
· Does the purpose of the page cause the author to be biased?
· Does the author express his or her opinion as fact?
· Are the ideas presented in line with other works on the same
· Is the site a profit-based enterprise?
· Is the site free of advertising?
· If advertising is present, is it easy to differentiate it from
Ease of use
Is the Web site easily navigable and presented in an organized manner?
· Is the information easily printable?
· Is the site organized logically?
· Are the main points clearly presented?
· Does the site engage the visitor to spend time there?
Is the information current?
· Are there dates to indicate when written, when placed on the
web, and when the last revision was done?
· Are the linked sites current?
· Is the frequency of planned updates and revisions stated?
Are there any fees associated with using the information or accessing
· If you are allowed to input information or submit queries,
is a statement provided that explains whether or not this information
is confidential and secure?
· Does the site have its own search engine?
· Has the site won any awards?